You can export documents to a MS Excel XLSX file for sharing, printing or data processing.
Summary of XLSX features:
- Preserve rich text formatting
- Preview image attachments
- Open file attachments by clicking
- Browse links by clicking
- Set page layout for print
- Import changes
Note: Export DOCX or HTML files if you need to output documents with table layout, preserve rich text format, browse links by clicking, or preview attachments.
Export XLSX Files
To export a XLSX file click File, mouseover Export and click XLSX File. In the Export XLSX dialog, choose exported documents and other options. After confirmation of the dialog, select a destination for storing the exported XLSX file.
Note: In the WebApp, the exported XLSX file is saved in the browser download folder.
Select exported documents:
- Current document — export the current document only.
- Open documents — export all open documents from the main project or loaded linked projects
- All documents from the main project — export all documents from the main project.
- All documents from loaded projects — export all documents from the main project or loaded linked projects.
The exported XLSX file will contain one sheet (tab) for each exported ReqView document and preserve displayed columns.
Select a table view defining which attributes or template columns will be exported (Width of columns is computed relatively by the current/default columns widths.):
- Current or default view — export open documents using the current table view and closed documents using the default view.
- <table view> — export documents using the selected table view. Documents without the selected table view are exported using the last used or the default table view.
For more information see Table Views.
- Merge displayed custom attributes — if set then columns displaying custom attributes will be compacted into a single column.
- Ignore filter — if the exported table view is filtered then this options controls if the filter is preserved or ignored.
- Ignore sorting — if the exported table view is sorted by a selected column then this option controls if the sort order is preserved or ignored.
- Ignore section numbering — if set then section headings in the Description column will not be numbered.
- Ignore links to invisible objects — if set then do not include links from / to document objects which are not visible in the exported file.
- Preserve section folding — if set then the content of collapsed sections will be ignored.
- Explore and load linked projects — if set then indirectly linked projects will be explored and loaded to display additional traceability links, see Manage Linked Project.
Note: Exported links are not clickable.
Note: Only attachment names are exported (not pictures, diagrams...).
Example: Export a Software Requirements Specification (SRS) document into an XLSX file. Display ID, Description, Status, Ver. Method and Satisfies columns and collapse section 1 Introduction in ReqView table view before export.
You can export documents to XLSX files easily using a shared export configuration storing all export options, see Export Configurations.
You can export documents to XLSX file using
reqview export xlsx command, see Command Line > Export Documents.