You can export ReqView documents into HTML format for sharing, printing, conversion to PDF, or importing to a text processor. To export a HTML file, click File, mouseover Export and click HTML File...
You can choose one of the following export templates:
- Modern Report — export an interactive HTML file with default styles and a table displaying the same columns as the table view
- Book — export a filtered HTML file with content in a single column, where the displayed table view columns are stacked as paragraphs
- Table — export a filtered HTML file with a table displaying the same columns as the table view
Example HTML Report:
You can select one or more additional export options:
- Export all open documents in the current project — if set then all open documents will be exported, otherwise only the current document will be exported
- Export into a single file — if set then all exported documents will be merged into a single file, otherwise a separate file will be created for each exported document
- Compact displayed custom attributes in a single column — if set then columns displaying custom attributes will be compacted into a single column
- Preserve filter and sorting — if set then exported data will be filtered and sorted the same way as the table view
- Preserve section folding — if set then content of collapsed sections will be ignored
- Ignore links to invisible objects — if set then links to filtered out objects and to objects in closed documents are ignored
After confirmation of the Export HTML Options dialog, select an output folder storing the exported HTML file and external attachments stores in a side folder with the same name as the exported HTML file and “_files” suffix.
Note: In the WebApp, the exported HTML is saved in the browser download folder. The WebApp does not export attachments data for MS Word templates due to limitations in MS Word HTML importer.
Export to MS Word HTML
In MS Word, you can insert an HTML file exported from Table or Book templates into the current document by clicking Insert, then Object and selecting Text from File.
Example Output of the Book Template:
Note that the simpler way is to export MS Word DOCX file directly, see Export to DOCX. For more information about application specific MS Word paragraph styles see Paragraph Styles.