We have released the 3rd beta of ReqView v2.3.0 that introduces custom Template Columns. With this feature you can flexibly extend the table view by additional information, such as a calculated value or list of linked objects.
We have been asked by several customers how the table view can be extended by columns displaying additional information, such as
- Calculated Columns — calculating an expression such as risk priority number (RPN), and
- Custom Traceability Columns — listing linked objects across multiple traceability levels.
With the current stable release 2.2.x you can display this additional information by creating a Custom Export Template and exporting a static HTML report.
The new Template Column feature goes one step further — you can add a column displaying live dynamic content directly in the application UI! We will explain how to use this new exciting feature on the ReqView Demo Project.
Let’s create a new Template Column called Section which displays the number of each SRS document section or the number of the parent section for each SRS leaf object:
- Switch to SRS document and choose Document > Template Column… menu to open Template Column dialog. In this dialog you can enter the new column label, which will be displayed in the table header, and the column template text:
- Press Check button to preview template output for the current document object.
- Press OK button and check the content of the new column called Section:
- You can edit or delete an existing Template Column using the context menu opened by right click on the column heading:
Now, let’s create a Template Column which calculates the risk priority number as a product of severity, probability and determinability attributes for each Risk or Action object in RISKS document:
Switch to RISKS document and create a new Template Column called RPN with the following template text:
Check the output of the new RPN column which calculates the value of risk priority number after each change of SEV, PROB and DET columns:
Custom Traceability Columns
As the last example, let’s create a Template Column which displays downstream traceability coverage of each top level user story in NEEDS document by linked SRS requirements and their TESTS:
Switch to NEEDS document and create a new Template Column called Downstream Traceability with the following template text:
Check the output of the new Downstream Traceability column displaying multilevel traceability coverage with warnings if a link is missing: